Thursday, February 24, 2011

Panetta Green Beans - French Fridays with Dorie


Just started participating in "French Fridays with Dorie" and this week the assignment was to make her panetta green beans. Last week I had bought a bag of frozen haricot vert at Trader Joes, so this first recipe was a quick, simple way to ease into the schedule. One problem was that I couldn't find very good quality panetta at my local market so I had to settle for a thinly sliced version containing nitrates, which i'd rather do without. However, the finished product was excellent. Everyone loved it, including my vegetable-challenged daughter. Taking Dorie's suggestion, I drizzled with a little walnut oil. I can't wait to see how this tastes when I can get better panetta.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: