Friday, May 13, 2011

Spinach & Bacon Quiche - french friday w/ Dorie

I love that this quiche only had a sprinkle of parm on the top, rather than filled with shredded cheese. I used a frozen pie shell from Whole Foods and my daughter actually said that was her favorite part, though she did like the filling too. If I make anything with bacon in my house, it's a hit!

This is a rare time that I didn't do that much tweaking. No surprise, but I used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of cream, and I had a huge container of Olivia's Organics spring greens I wanted to use up. I had no idea what it would be like, with such a mix of flavors, but it was great. The bacon was a strong flavor, but I could still taste the greens and parm cheese. And yes, the crust was truly excellent! It turned out to be a great meal for a weeknight.
[Photos taken by my almost 7 year old daughter!]



2 comments:

Cher Rockwell said...

Had to love the filling in this one. All that green just looks enticing! Perfect for a spring meal.

laurcl said...

Definitely, and I may do something similar with the fresh baby spinach I picked up at our local, organic farm stand today! I'm sure I can turn to Dorie for inspiration.