Saturday, May 07, 2011

tourteau de chevre - french friday w/ Dorie

I made this but won't be eating it until tomorrow. What an easy recipe. I do hope it tastes good. It smells fantastic and I think some of that has to do with a special Mexican vanilla extract my father sent to me. Making this was very easy. I had originally thought I'd make the sweet pastry dough, but after reading the ingredients for the tart dough and the sweet dough, I decided on the tart because I didn't think we needed more sugar and butter and it was easier not having to deal with an egg white leftover. I also only had an 8 oz. log of cheese and a 10" springform, but all went well and looks great! I used cheese from Vermont Creamery.

I'll let you all know how it tastes after we eat it tomorrow at my sister's for mother's day! While I'm reading the other posts I've decided to bring along the grapefruit honey I picked up at a farmer's market in CA last month. I have a feeling it will be a wonderful compliment. This was so easy to make, if it tastes wonderful and I decide to make it again, I think I'll use the honey in place of the sugar in the recipe, as many others have done. Great idea.

dough in the 10" pan










finished torte

No comments: