|Caramel filled chocolate cookies|
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
- Pecan Turtles
- Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies, dipped in chocolate - from:
- Rosie's Bakery Chocolate-Packed Jam-Filled Butter-Rich No-Holds-Barred Cookie Book
- Chocolate Cherry Bomb Cookies - vegan and tasted rather healthy
- Date-Nut Pinwheels - from: Betty Crocker's Cooky Book - brought it back from my mothers a few months ago. Loved this book since I was a kid, mostly for the great pictures. Now I realized that the recipes are rather vague and don't go much into technique. I do know enough now to figure out how much to beat the butter, but for a beginner baker, this wouldn't be a good title, unless it's been updated.
As for the cookies, these taste great but I need more practice on getting them round.
spicy / minty
- Minty Chocolate Slices - variation on "Red-Hot Chocolate Slices" - think I should have stuck with the original but wanted to keep it more natural.
- Big Soft Ginger Cookies - added in some drained, crushed pineapple and left out the cloves.
sugar / shortbread
- Lemony Slice-and-Bakes
- Jam filled sugar cookies - added some almond extract. - Shara did a wonderful job cutting out the llittle stars in the middle and sprinkling on the sanding sugars. I'm going to fill these tomorrow with a yummy sounding fruit spread I got last week - Crofter's Europe Superfruit. These cookies are really just an excuse to use the spread!
- Snowflake cutouts w/ sugar cookie icing
- Coconut Dainties - from Rosie's Bakery cookbook (see above)
- Amaretti Cookies from: Great Italian Desserts, but I used the almond paste my sister gave me last year, which has been stored in the freezer.
- Sesame Honey Lace Cookies - not done yet, but made these before and they're addictive.
- Black pepper biscuits - be generous with the flour right at the beginning. Takes at least a cup more than called for.