Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cookie Madness!

Over a week ago the baking of the cookies began. This is an annual tradition for many households and ours is no exception. I told Shara & Alan we'd have a meeting after the holidays and see if they were ok with being a cookie widow and cookie orphan. I actually think this year I'm not being as obsessive as in the past.

Caramel filled chocolate cookies
So far, this is the list:
Chocolate



fruit/nut flavored
Date pinwheels

  • Date-Nut Pinwheels - from: Betty Crocker's Cooky Book - brought it back from my mothers a few months ago. Loved this book since I was a kid, mostly for the great pictures. Now I realized that the recipes are rather vague and don't go much into technique. I do know enough now to figure out how much to beat the butter, but for a beginner baker, this wouldn't be a good title, unless it's been updated.
    As for the cookies, these taste great but I need more practice on getting them round.

spicy / minty

  • Minty Chocolate Slices - variation on "Red-Hot Chocolate Slices" - think I should have stuck with the original but wanted to keep it more natural.
  • Big Soft Ginger Cookies - added in some drained, crushed pineapple and left out the cloves.

sugar / shortbread


sweet


other

  • Black pepper biscuits - be generous with the flour right at the beginning. Takes at least a cup more than called for.

1 comment:

vincent said...

http://lyabroudy.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-cookie-madness.html