Friday, February 10, 2012

Local, sustainable, organic meats

So I'm highly unqualified for a promotion from Foodie Blogroll (need to have a measly 5000 monthly impressions), however, I was still sent the info and checked it out.


"Our friends at Applecheek are looking to engage the Foodie Blogroll community to spread the word about Applecheek farm's Boston Buyers Club - sustainable organically raised meats available to people in the Boston area with monthly deliveries direct from the farm."


I clicked on the link to the farm's site and was very impressed with all they had to offer. I know it's organic, but it is a little pricey. If you're in the area, it would be a good opportunity to place an order. You can order online and pickup is for Sunday, Feb. 19th. noon - 1:30 PM at:
City Feed and Supply
672 Centre St, 

Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 
www.cityfeedandsupply.com


I'm certainly tempted, but we won't be in the area that day. It's not clear if this is going to be a recurring event or not. City Feed and Supply looks like a really cool store and good excuse to take a trip to Jamaica Plain. Maybe make a pilgrimage to the original JP Licks too! I actually think I have a free sundae left on my frequent buyer card!

No comments: