1 Eggplant - eggplant parm (baked, not fried)
1 Green Pepper - ?
1 bunch Beets - roasted, sliced, sprinkled with strawberry balsamic & bleu cheese
2 Hot Peppers - poblanos - will roast & add to quesadillas, with corn & some cheese
1 pint Potatoes - steamed & tossed with beet greens & garlic
1 quart PYO Cherry Tomatoes--bonus! - got those today and have been munching ever since
When we stopped by the farm today we picked up some zucchini & summer squash.
- I used a peeler and made ribbons of the squash.
- Then took a can of chicken broth, but you could use vegetable, added lots of chopped garlic and some black pepper.
- Brought the broth to a boil and simmered for a bit.
- Added the squash and cooked until al dente.
- Added some lemon juice but it turned out to be too much lemon. Will use much less next time.
- Took the "noodles" out of the broth, plated and topped with Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon & shredded basil
Featured in tonight's dinner - Grilled Shrimp, Corn or Broccoli, & Squash Noodles Carbonara