Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Last Winter CSA

Today was a little sad - the end of the winter CSA. We did get a double share to get all of our weeks in. Here's what I took home:

2 Acorn Squash
1 Butternut
2 bags Beets (3 lb.)
2 bag Carrots (3 lb)
1 bag Sweet Potatoes (1.5 lb)
1 pint Fingerling Potatoes
1 bunch Kale
1 quart Red Potatoes or 1 pint Fingerling Potatoes
5 ears Popcorn
1 bunch Mustard Greens
1 bag Salad Mix

With my new, favorite and super-easy soup - carrot, ginger, sweet potato, I'm sure I won't have a problem using this up. Not sure what to do with the mustard greens. The girl there said they are a bit spicy but braising them makes them tamer. I just bought a fairly large container of Olivia's spring greens, but the salad mix looks like it has quite a bit of spinach in it, so I'll probably cook that up too. Maybe add it to the carrot soup!

No comments: