Friday, January 18, 2013

Fish for Friday

My original plan was to have fish, acorn squash and some kind of grain. Then I picked up some nice portobello mushrooms yesterday and needed to use them with the kale I had. Searching one of my two favorite recipe apps, Ziplist, found me a great recipe - Spicy Peanut Portobello Kale Rice Bowl. Though this was fine on its own, I still wanted fish, since we hadn't had any in quite a while. So I ended up not getting out of work until about a 1/2 hour later than I had planned. I called Alan when I left work because I couldn't get my head around picking up fish and having time to cook dinner too. He kindly offered to clean the kale and I figured I could use a package of pre-cooked rice/quinoa pilaf. So time crunch problem was solved. I even let myself have a bottle of beer - a Watchusett Octoberfest that had been waiting for me for a couple of months, while I made dinner.
This recipe is certainly a keeper. I used my PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and could have used more but it was still very good and saved about 50 calories per serving.

No comments: