Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pie Cravings

I planned on making pizza for dinner tonight and realized I had no mozzarella cheese. I had to stop at the market after work and pick up bread and an avocado for tomorrow's quick dinner of grilled cheese & avocado anyway, so I stuck with the pizza plan. While at that evil market I was bombarded with cakes, cookies and pie (oh my!). I looked but knew I wasn't going to actually get anything. I had Immaculate Bakery's pie dough at home but nothing to put inside it. I bought a bag of frozen blueberries and a container of strawberries. 

While the pizza was cooling a bit, I threw the dough in a pie plate. I then debated with myself whether to mix the sugar, almond flour, tapioca, vanilla, and almond extract in the bag with the blueberries or dirty a bowl. I went with my instincts and used a bowl. So while we were eating pizza and salad, my open faced berry pie baked away. After dinner I changed to go out for a jog and said I'd take the pie out before I left. So about 10 minutes into the jog I had to slow down and text Alan to turn off the oven. I forgot all about it.

But now I sit here, empty bowl at my side and can't imagine I'd be happier with anything else. Well, maybe a little chocolate.

Berry Galette

No comments: