Monday, July 20, 2015

Grilled Pizza Redemption

Last week i made a less than stellar grilled pizza with homemade dough. It didn't speak to my lack of skill with grilling pizza but more about my need to perfect homemade dough. I should have taken pictures of that failure. It was fairly funny. The dough just plopped on the grill and we tried to spread it out but it really looked a bit like a snake. We managed to get done cheese on it and it tasted OK, but certainly nothing to brag about.

Today, on the other hand, is bragging time. Oh yeah, this is good! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I pulled both sides of the stretched dough and folded it in 1/2 to lift onto the very hot grill. Was able to stretch it out a bit, then covered and let it get crispy on one side. Let it go for about a minute while I ran upstairs to get the garlic oil and cheese.

When i came back i flipped the dough over, turned down the heat, and spread the dough with the oil and then topped with the cheese. I used leftover herbed goat cheese broken off in pieces and coated with the shredded mozzarella. That made it easy to get onto the dough quickly. Once the toppings were on I covered it back to let the cheese melt. It took about another minute. Then off the grill, cut it up and yum! We're both loving it!






No comments: