Friday, April 29, 2011

Bistrot paul bert pepper steak - french fridays w/dorie

First let me say that I don't love steak like I used to before I had my daughter. Second, the steak I got for this was a sirloin, since that was the only steak at the market. Third, my brandy selection was limited. I don't think this was a well thought out dinner. As usual, I was rushing and hadn't the time to stop for fillet. I couldn't believe they didn't have it at the place I stopped, purposely, since they normally have such beautiful meat, especially for being a fish market.

This was the best way to cook a steak. It really came out perfectly, browned and crisp on the outside, red on the inside. My daughter, a meat lover, couldn't get enough, even the pieces with the peppercorns!

I served it along side the braised fingerling potatoes in AMFF and streamed spinach. The potatoes were delicious!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

5 comments:

Nana said...

It might not have been the choice of meat you wanted,
but it certainly turned out great. I love the small
potatoes too. I have never tried these. I passed on
this weeks recipe, but Tricia went with it and her
family enjoyed the dish. From reading all the blogs
I definitely will revisit this again.

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I used a different cut of meat too (because I'm cheap! :P) but it turned out really well. Your whole meal looks delicious!

Cher Rockwell said...

Looks like it turned out perfectly for you. I am just going to have to try those potatoes - I keep hearing such good things about them.

Adriana said...

How dramatic everything looks against the dark plate! Our meals are very similar, I also did the broth boiled potatoes from AMFT. High five!

laurcl said...

So funny, just finishing the potatoes for breakfast now! They are so good and know I'll make them often. Another easy, delicious recipe from Dorie!