Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Weekly CSA Share


  • 1 head lettuce or one bag mesculn mix - salad
  • 1 bunch radishes - ?? still have from last week!
  • 1 bunch beets or carrots - maple glazed
  • 1 bag spinach - sauteed w/ garlic & white beans
  • 1 acorn or delicata squash - the farm's favorite is the delicata, but we found the acorn to be tastier w/ the best texture. Last week I cubed them, put a little apple juice in the pan and roasted at 400 for 40 min. Loved it!
  • 1 head kohlrabi - ??
  • 1 head cauliflower - au gratin (Dorie recipe that my mom adores and I haven't tried yet)
  • 1 1/2 lbs potatoes - mashed
  • 1 bunch kale or collard greens - sauteed w/ garlic & white beans
The real question is what I have left over from last week and when we're going to eat it. We only have 2 meals left at home until Sunday! We still have peppers, radishes, cabbage, romanesco, and fennel. Tonight I'm making chicken with double fennel and a stir-fry with romanesco. We'll skip this week's FFWD, which is cornish game hens, and maybe I'll make the spicy peanut noodles w/ cabbage from last week's Langwater newsletter.

No comments: