Saturday, March 19, 2011

Salted Butter Break-ups - French Friday's with Dorie

Well this is what happens when you rush and don't use the right equiptment to boot.

As you may be able to see, there are a couple of holes where the clumps of butter that didn't get incorporated were. I made the dough in 15 minutes before the school bus came and it shows. I also made it with mostly all whole wheat flour and used 8 tbsp. butter. The food processor I have was too small and what a mess!

That being said, the taste was still great. This was a cross between a sweet pie crust and shortbread. Hopefully I won't be the only one eating it because I could probably go through the whole thing rather easily.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to know you can make it with whole wheat flour. I loved how quick and easy the dough is to mix up.

Nana said...

Your cookie looks delicious. I, too, like the idea
of whole wheat flour. Tricia's family was not too
excited about the results, but hubby and I thought it was good.

Cher Rockwell said...

The whole wheat flour is a good thought. Glad you were able to work through everything and still enjoy!

Adriana said...

I love how you show us the cookie after being taste-tested! It was so difficult for me to concentrate on taking pictures when all I wanted to do was break off a piece or five. :-)

laurcl said...

Well, the end of this story is my daughter was sick on Monday and I stayed home with her. We ended up eating almost the whole thing, though by then it was getting a bit stale, it still tasted good.

Since it had the whole wheat, I felt fine sending her to school with it for snack as well. She can afford the butter and I didn't think the sugar was overwhelming. I think if I were to make it again, I'd make sure to be able to share it with a group. No way this recipe is for 4 servings!