Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Beggar’s Linguine - French Friday's with Dorie

The assignment this week was an easy and delicious pasta recipe. We all loved it and had seconds. I wish I could share the smell of the figs, raisins, pistachios and almonds simmering in butter - wow, amazing.









I did make one major change to the recipe. I couldn't put in all the butter. In fact, I only put in 2 out of the 12 tablespoons and augmented the rest with chicken broth. One thing I had trouble with was tossing in the Parmesan cheese. I wanted the pasta to be hot, but then the cheese got a little clumpy. Didn't matter though. It was great and I do think the leftovers will be good. I'll certainly make this again.

7 comments:

franklyentertaining said...

Good to know that I can cut down on the butter - it seemed a little much!

Unknown said...

I should have cut back on the butter and will next time. I thought this was a really good recipe that I will use again and again.

Adriana said...

Glad to see it was a hit at your home! I think the butter can be cut down by a third without sacrificing texture and flavor. I halved the recipe and used 3/4 stick, and I think I can safely go down to 1/2 a stick.

Cher Rockwell said...

Glad you liked it!
Definitely could have cut back on the butter on this one - I know I had a bit of a "pool" of butter at the bottom of my serving dish....

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem as Cher! I ended up bloating the bottom of the plate with paper towels. Butter aside, I really liked this dish. Will make it again for sure :)

amanda @ fake ginger said...

The chicken broth was a great idea! I didn't add all of the butter either but I didn't think to substitute broth! I bet the extra layer of flavor was delicious!

Unknown said...

Chicken broth instead of butter was a great idea. Glad you liked it!