It seems as though I got the weeks mixed up, but it worked very well with the hot weather we've been having here in the Northeast. I picked fresh blueberries on Monday, had time and a peach, so I decided to go rogue and break from the recipe in the book (how unlike me). The results were great. Don't be fooled by the sophisticated title, this is homemade jello, but it tastes so much better!
I had some passion fruit juice in my cupboard and lots of gelatin leftover from serving Knox Blox at a birthday party a couple of years ago. The first try at the recipe failed - I was doing my usual mental math - just halving the recipe, but was talking and used a package of gelatin and a whole cup of water when it should have been only a half cup. So that got washed down the drain and I started again with much better success. The juice gets mixed with the desolved gelatin and refrigerated until it is slightly thickened. I chilled it for the recommended time but my was pretty close to completely set, so I put it on the stove for a few to "melt" down. It was fine and I was able to add in the fruit, put it all in my new Pyrex loaf pan and it solidified in time for dessert.
I was able to get it to unmold after putting hot water on the outside of the pan and running a knife around the edges. I didn't want to take a chance with the blueberries, so I used a serrated knife. It worked quite well.