Wednesday, February 06, 2013

A good understand for bad service

A friend of mine shared this article on facebook, F**k You if You Don’t Tip Your Server and I had to pass it along. There was one time that we had horrible service and we left a penny so the waitress would know that we didn't just forget. Had I read this article before that bad experience, I wouldn't have been so narrow in my thinking about situation. It could be that the waitress was having a bad day or there was another unknown issue. I like to think of myself as more enlightened now anyway, but sometimes when I'm in the midst of an unhappy situation, it's hard to step back and see the big picture. Hopefully I won't have another bad service experience, but if I do, I want to remember to have compassion. And I've found that feeling compassionate is a much better feeling than anger.

The book below was approved by the Unitarian Universalist General Assembly in 2011 as a Statement of Conscience.

No comments: