Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Oahu 2023 - Day 1

 I ended up not sleeping much and had assumed that would be the case, so I planned very little for today and that's what I've done so far. I went out around 8 AM and got doughnuts at this place around the corner called, "Kpop Donuts Hawaii" - https://goo.gl/maps/qYHKEPbw2Qp8h8T49. They were made with rice flour and were technically mochi doughnuts. I got a combo of these small balls with blueberry and strawberry filling. There was also a plain one and one dipped in chocolate. The chocolate was more like chocolate sauce, which isn't my favorite, but the fruit filled ones were very good. They were really chewy and tasted like real fruit. I took them to the beach to eat them. I would recommend people get 2 or 3. 4 was too much chewing, really.

After the beach, I meandered back to the apartment and relaxed until I had to go to my appointment with the Hilton sales people. I am proud of myself - I said no. I took the $150 in visa gift cards and got out of there. He did make me a great offer and I was thinking seriously about it, but then realized if I switch to being able to travel every year, I'd still have to pay for the airfare, food, maintenance on the condo, etc. So when he came back, he asked and I said, "no" and he said good because they weren't going to let him give me that deal anyway! lol











I then went to the ice cream place across the street and continued my meals of desserts and had a small (yay me!) passion fruit (lilikoi) sorbet and pineapple cake. Very, very good and lesson learned - get the ice cream on the bottom of the sorbet. As you can imagine, there wasn't enough resistance to easily scoop the ice cream. The place was Lappert's Hawaii - https://goo.gl/maps/GRXSrfSrACruvBMr8

I took it and walked towards the pool and after I finished, went in and fount a chaise lounge and was going to lay in the sun and take a nap but then it started raining and the sun went in and it was cold and I'm laughing at myself because this is sounding like a very sad story, and it's not, but I really did want to be warm and dry. So far it's been really windy here - 20 mph. I was worried the sand would blow, but it didn't at all, which is wonderful. It's really so windy walking around in some areas where there are passages that make wind tunnels, that it's just funny. 

I don't know what I'm doing tonight. I think I'll go now to this market and get some provisions for the next few days. Certainly something healthier for breakfast than doughnuts. I'll have to save those for my afternoon snack. 😀

-----

Later I did go to the market and got a few things for easy meals here. I ate then went to the Tiki's Bar & Grill, the big outdoor bar area and it was packed. I had a glass of wine, because it was really cold and I didn't want any tropical drinks with ice, and listened to a band. It was one for people my age - they took requests and then the male lead singer came out and did a neil diamond impersonation and sang sweet caroline for 10 min. with the crowd all doing the ba ba ba ba ba and all that. as well as some interesting dance moves! It always surprises me that people outside our area know about that song. 

Then had a very good nights sleep!

No comments: