Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Oahu 2023 Travel Day

 I don't have much to day about the plane rides. They were long. I ate a bucket of snack mix w. nuts, dried peas, etc. I listened to my book (The girl with all the gifts), I bought the wifi and the first plane trip it was worth it because I played my game. The 2nd ride was not. Luckily I sat next to a nice young man from Portland, OR and we talked for a bit. It was a really good conversation, actually. As I've heard before, if these kids are our future, we'll be in good shape. I did watch a movie on the first trip - The Come Up, based on the book of the same name, which I read a while ago. The book was better. Much better, actually. I also enjoyed a very long sunset. Big advantage of being on the west coast.

I put on another movie for the last part of the trip but I was going to say, I'm not remembering what it was, but I DO! I finished watching "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once". I stopped watching it after about 30 min the first try and couldn't get into it. I finished watching it on this flight and honestly, I thought it was ok. I get why they had so much fighting, but it was a lot of fighting. However, it made the time went by quicker, no puns intended.

I checked the price of Uber to the hotel, while on the plane and it was about $20. I decided not to take the bus, which would have been $3, but a half hour vs. 15 min. and it would be right to the door. When I got my luggage I checked again and it was now $28, but I was already committed and did it anyway. I'm glad I did. The driver told me about how she got to be living in Honolulu and her brother, who's an artist, and the different places she's lived. And she ended up dropping me at the main entrance to the Hilton Resort and I ended up walking to my hotel, which was farther in the back. As I was walking through, I was very tempted to stop for a drink. The whole place looked like a party! I ended up going to the room and amazing myself at how many things I got into my suitcase. Then I tried to sleep and got a few hours.


No comments: