Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Oahu 2023 - Day 5

Since I'm here in the winter, I needed to take advantage of the humpback whale migration. I cancelled the original tour I had, that also gave time to snorkel with sea turtles. The thought of going underwater when being congested was completely unappealing. I booked a trip that was just whale watching and we didn't see much, as far as whales go, but it was still an amazing day to be on the water. 
















We also had the unusual sighting of a submarine going out to sea. The captain said this is only the 2nd one he's ever seen. If you click to see the original photo, you can barely see it, but it's there.

Canoers

View of Diamond Head (Lē‘ahi)

Waikiki



I got summer rolls around the corner after the watch, to eat at the Ala Moana park, next to the harbor. The captain had said there was a sea turtle near the dock and I was able to walk near there and if you look very closely, you may be able to see the turtle. At first I thought it was wishful thinking, but then I saw the head come up and then go back down and after a few times, I was convinced it was actually a turtle. Mostly the picture was to remind myself of the sighting. 


Later that evening, back at the resort, I went to get some pizza and on the way, wanted to take a picture of these very pretty koi and other fish that were all in the ponds they have around the place.






No comments: